Monday 28 February 2011

another piece of self-indulgent reflection...

Been a while hasn't it...

Thought it was about time in my artistic/painting career to have a go at a self portrait.

It all stems from the recent shift in how i see myself now compared to, lets say probably 8 months ago.

My work and general attitude change is quite dramatic really considering i now paint illustrations for childrens books compared to my previous graffiti/street art persona (as im writing this i have just changed my image heading which has some spray cans in, oh the irony).
Dont get me wrong i will still be happy to paint any murals asked, love to do it but labelling me under that term of artist just isn't me...
I hardly ever do it anymore, cant even remember the last time i went out and divulged in any proper illegal activities so having my old graffiti art name alias (mecha) is quite bloody pointless and to be honest i always felt like a right cock when anybody called me that in public.

So here it is...




At first i thought my initial approach would of been a photo realistic attempt but i decided to go for a more opaque/strokey piece of work which involved quite a lot of the use of a palette knife. Thought it suited the more surly and extreme nature of the final piece.

So yeah, mecha-one tatty bye bye to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment