Tuesday 13 July 2010

Live Painting Shennanigans....

Though i'm normally fond of a tropical climate it was bloody hot on Saturday, nice to bask in and enjoy, not really the best conditions to paint in. Not being able to find a shaded spot i got stuck in anyway and now have a one part sunburn't piece of my arm to thank for it.
Thought id opt for a change, normally i tend to prefer painting female portraits, this time i chose to paint my grandad which he reluctantly agreed to.
Messsed about with having a heavy black outline around the image to create a semi-realistic/comic affect. In my opinion its not my finest work (then again my live painting never is) but the approach has opened up different possibilities in how i can take my portrait approaches forward. Anyway think my grandad didnt mind it.....


Now about to apply another heavy wad of after sun cream on my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment